SSAB Cookie statement
SSAB uses both session and persistent cookies, which are explained below.
- Session cookies are stored in memory for the duration of the session and removed once the User closes the browser. SSAB uses session cookies to display content on the website and remember user preferences.
- Persistent cookies are placed on hard drive of the User's computer and stored until they expire or the User deletes the cookies. SSAB uses persistent cookies for retrieving information the User has previously provided, to remember preferences, to customize the website for the User and to optimize the user experience.
SSAB uses both first and third party cookies, which are explained below.
- First party cookies refer to both session and persistent cookies placed by SSAB on the website.
- Third party cookies are cookies placed by third parties on SSAB's website. SSAB uses third party cookies for statistical purposes to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics and, to help extend the website services and content with known and trusted partners, such as Google Analytics.
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable a User to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, website or services cannot remember, for example, User's login details.
- Functionality cookies remember choices a User makes, such as country and language preferences and to remember sessions in case of time-out. These cookies can be used to provide a better User experience.
- Advertising cookies collect information about a User's browsing habits and remember the visits in order to make advertising more relevant to that User and his or her interests. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks.