WeldCalc™ 2.2 gives you optimized welding recommendations at your fingertips.
WeldCalc 2.2 from SSAB makes decades of welding experience available in an interactive, web-based application to help fabricators optimize the welding process. It calculates and presents welding recommendations for both Hardox® and Strenx® steels.
How WeldCalc works
Users input the desired mechanical properties, welding process and plate materials. Based on this information, a “tolerance box” is calculated, showing the allowed span of heat input and preheat/interpass temperature. In addition the maximum hardness levels in the heat affected zone (HAZ) can be calculated.
The web-based interface has functions for saving, opening and editing your welding cases, making it easy to view and apply the results. Recommendations for welding include MAG welding, MMA welding, SAW, TIG welding, laser welding, laser-hybrid welding and plasma welding.
Features and benefits
- Features an intuitive user interface and many new functions, making the results even easier to calculate and apply.
- Users can choose the properties most important in a given welded construction, such as whether to prioritize optimum toughness in the joint or optimum production efficiency.
- Users can save or export the results.
- Logs can be opened, edited and saved again.
- Web-based and always up-to-date.